Monday, January 16, 2012

On Hold With Costa Cruise Lines!

My phone started ringing Saturday with a panicked passenger who is booked in May on the Costa Concordia.  At that point I had no information about the future, but common sense said her sailing was cancelled.  I assured her that Costa and myself would make sure to give her answers.

Monday morning, I have put on my headset and dialed Costa.  Now I already knew to prepare for a very long wait and was rightfully correct in presumming that.  The message replayed every 10 seconds "Thank You for calling Costa, our agents are currently busy, please hold"   While waiting I pulled up the sailings in my system and the note in yellow reads 'This sailing is no longer available'.    

About 20 minutes of hearing the same recorded message every 10 seconds a very sweet agent Marsella answered.  She sounded low key,  not the usual  perky answer.  There was no discussion of the incident, they are trying to accomodate all customers booked through April of 2012 by moving them, refunding them, and/or giving discounts on future cruises.  I believe that this is being done on individual basis,  also on a day by day update. The call was very professional, there was a deep sense of caring and although I will have to wait a week or so on my clients details,  I feel assured that Costa is doing their very best.





No comments: